Transmission Pan, Dodge 68RFE / 545RFE / 45RFE, Deep As-Cast
PML transmission pans feature sand-cast aluminum construction with raised fins, thick walls to add strength to the transmission case, and a machined gasket surface for a secure seal.
Volume: 3 1/8 qts. over stock for 2wd, 2 1/2 qts. over stock for 4wd
Dimensions: Overall depth is about 1″ more than stock. Click here for dimensions. Always check your vehicle to verify your configuration and clearance.
Number of Bolts: 15
This extra deep PML oil pan for Dodge RFE transmissions is designed to replace the stock pan on these vehicles:
- Ram 2500 & 3500, 2WD and 4WD, with 6.7 liter diesel engine, 2007½ to 2012 or 2013 (the 3500 HD Cab & Chassis has the Aisin transmission so this pan will not work)
- Ram 1500 with Hemi engine, 2002 – 2005
- Ram 1500 with 4.7 V8 engine, 2002 to 2011, check clearance on 2012 to 2014
- 2WD Dakota with 4.7 V8 engine, 2000 – 2004
- 2WD Durango with 4.7 V8 engine, 2000 – 2003
- Jeep Grand Cherokee with 4.7 V8 engine, 1999 – 2004
2013 and newer trucks: Cooler lines run under the stock transmission pan on many models, starting in 2013. Several customers have installed this pan with minor bending of the bracket holding the cooler lines. If you have a 2013 or newer truck, check carefully for clearance.
This PML transmission pan increases the amount of fluid by 2 1/2 to 3 quarts over stock. It is about 1 inch taller than the stock pan.
Once installed, this pan will not be parallel to the ground. The transmission case gasket surface is also slanted. Other PML pans for the Dodge RFE transmission are parallel to the ground once installed.
PML makes four different pans for the Dodge RFE transmission series (45RFE, 5-45RFE, 65RFE, 66RFE, 68RFE). The stock pans and filters are also shown in the image below for reference.
If you have a skid plate, you may need to move it downwards away from the transmission.