#11078-AC. Low Profile Transmission Pan. Fits Dodge 68RFE, 545RFE, 45RFE. Cut-Out, As-Cast.
PML transmission pans feature sand-cast aluminum construction with raised fins, thick walls to add strength to the transmission case, and a machined gasket surface for a secure seal.
This PML heavy duty transmission oil pan fits the Dodge 68RFE, 66RFE, 65RFE, 545RFE, and 45RFE transmissions. It is designed specifically for trucks and SUVs with exhaust or cross member interference. This transmission pan clears the damper on 2012 Ram 2500 with the 66RFE (see installation below).
This transmission pan features:
- Finned to dissipate heat from transmission fluid
- Heavy duty sand cast aluminum construction
- Drain plug for easier maintenance
- Thick walls to add strength to the transmission housing
- Thick gasket flange, machined flat, for a leak-free seal
- Shaped similar to stock pan to avoid many clearance issues with skid plates, exhaust and frame
- Stock capacity
PML designed this stock capacity transmission oil pan to replace the stock pan on many configurations of these vehicles with a Chrysler Dodge 45RFE, 545RFE, 65RFE, 66RFE, and 68RFE. Although this transmission pan has the same capacity as the stock pan, the thick walls and fins on the bottom make it larger than stock.
Configurations vary. Always check your vehicle to verify transmission and clearance. List is not comprehensive and other vehicles may be able to use this pan. This pan will not work on 8 or 9 speed or Aisin transmissions.
- Dakota with 4.7 V8, 2000 to 2011
- Durango with 4.7 or 5.7 V8, 2000 to 2012
- Ram 1500, 2002 to 2016 (2012 to 2014 4.7l engine trucks check clearance)
- Ram 2500 and 3500, Hemi engine, 2006 to 2018 (clears the damper on 2012 Ram 2500 with 66RFE, see below)
- Ram 2500 Power Wagon, Hemi engine, 2006 to 2018
- Ram 2500 and 3500, with 6.7 liter diesel engine, 2007 1/2 and newer (some 3500 trucks may need an AS69RC pan)
- Jeep Grand Cherokee with 4.7 or 5.7 V8 engine, 1999 to 2004
- Jeep Liberty, 2002 to 2004, 3.7 (check clearance, see Jeep Transmission Pan Guidelines web page)
- Jeep Liberty CRD, 2005 and 2006 (check skid plate)
- Jeep Wrangler 2010 and 2011 2.8 Diesel (check skid plate)
2012 Ram 2500 with the 66RFE:
Larry installed this PML transmission pan on his 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 66RFE transmissions. His dealer told him the cylinder on the crossover pipe is a vibration damper to reduce noise. Larry opted to leave the damper in place since this low profile pan provided clearance.