VALVE KIT, DODGE, THROTTLE 904/727/42RE/46R/47RE/48RE (SONNAX) 22771-03K
Throttle Valve Kit
Part No. 22771-03K
Common complaints with listed Chrysler units are shift timing concerns, throttle buzz, poor kickdown and/or early upshifts caused by valve and sleeve wear. The OE aluminum throttle plunger stem wears from contacting the steel linkage pivot. Damage to the end of the throttle plunger creates aside load that binds the plunger and restricts the movement of the throttle valve. Plunger sideloading also damages the sleeve that guides the plunger. The sleeve wears as a result of the side load and creates leakage of detent pressure. Loss of detent pressure reduces kickdown that should occur during wide-open throttle (WOT). Sonnax offers Throttle Valve Kit 22771-03K to salvage the valve body and restore throttle valve control.
- Throttle plunger, sleeve, throttle valve and spring are made from hardened steel for better wear resistance.
- Kit eliminates side loading and restores detent pressure.
- Kit includes three spring shims and an alternative spring to allow adjustment of TV pressure and throttle valve control.
- Kit is designed to work in all models, including the ’05-later OE units with motorized style linkage
- Balance Spring
- Spring Shims (3) (Performance use only)
- Alternative TV Spring (Performance use only)