#78R. Upgraded overdrive piston retainer for 46RH, 46RE, 47RH, 47RE and 48RE transmissions. Excessive clearance between the overdrive piston retainer and intermediate shaft reduces lube flow to the gear train. An added seal compensates for variations in case I.D. Oil is delivered to maximum load points on shaft. This part is made out of better material.
1. O-ring prevents loss of lube oil. Many OEM supports do not seal well here.
2. Two O.D. oil delivery grooves repositioned at high load areas.
3. Two I.D. oil delivery grooves run full length of load bearing surface.
4. Band drum diameter allows drum I.D. to be turned.
5. Higher quality aluminum to resist gauling.