Transmission Pan, GM 6L80 / 6L80E , Deep As-Cast
PML transmission pans feature sand-cast aluminum construction with raised fins, thick walls to add strength to the transmission case, and a machined gasket surface for a secure seal.
PML transmission pans work with stock filters, easily available from your favorite auto parts store.
Because the pan is deeper than stock, the pan has filter supports cast in. A deeper filter or extension is not needed since the transmission fluid is at the same level with a PML pan as with the stock pan.
Volume: 2 quarts over stock
Dimensions: The 6L90 pan is similar in shape but is longer at 18 1/2 inches.
Number of Bolts: 18 (there are 20 holes, 2 holes locate the gasket and 18 holes for bolts to hold the pan to the transmission case)
Description and Applications
This extra capacity heavy duty transmission oil pan fits the GM 6 speed hydramatic 6L80, 6L80E transmissions. PML designed this pan for 2006 and newer Chevrolet and GM trucks and SUVs, such as Silverado, Sierra, and Avalanche.
This pan features:
- Extra capacity
- Fins and aluminum construction to dissipate heat from transmission fluid
- Drain plug for easier maintenance
- Thick walls to add strength to the transmission housing
- Thick gasket flange, machined flat, for a leak-free seal
This pan fits the GM 6 speed 6L80, 6L80E transmissions, typically found on these vehicles:
- Avalanche 1500, 2009 to 2014
- Escalade, 2007 to 2014, V8 6.2L
- Hummer H2, 2008 to 2009, V8 6.2L
- Sierra 1500, 2009 to 2014, V8 5.3L or V8 6.0L or V8 6.2L
- Sierra Denali, 2007 to 2014, V8 6.2L
- Silverado 1500, 2009 to 2014, V8 5.3L or V8 6.0L or V8 6.2L
- Suburban 1500, 2009 to 2014, V8 5.3L or V8 6.0L (includes HD)
- Tahoe, 2009 to 2014, V8 5.3L or V8 6.0L
- Yukon, 2009 to 2014, V8 5.3L
- Yukon Denali, 2007 to 2014, V8 6.2L
- Yukon XL 1500, 2009 to 2014 V8 5.3L or V8 6.0L
2015 vehicles: This pan may also work on 2015 vehicles. GM introduced an 8 speed transmission in 2015 so check your configuration. We think the 6.2 V8 engine comes with the 8 speed transmission. If you have it, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trucks and SUVs have a variety of configurations. Look at yours before you order to verify your transmission and clearance. Some vehicles have the 4 speed 4L60 transmission and use PML part number 9427.
If you have skid plates or require a lower profile pan, check our stock capacity pan for the 6L80, 6L80E.
Camaro, Corvette, G8 and some Cadillacs also have the 6L80, 6L80E transmission. Please see PML’s low profile pan as cars generally do not have the clearance for a larger, deep pan. It is PML part number 11087.
In many cases, you will need to drop the exhaust to install this pan. You would need to drop the exhaust to service the transmission with the stock pan as three bolts are not otherwise accessible. See installation images below that show the routing of the exhaust.
This pan can be modified for pan filling. Please call or email if you want this deep pan and need to fill through the pan