Transmission Pan Ford 4R55E / 4R44E / A4LD / 5R55E Deep As Cast
PML transmission pans feature sand-cast aluminum construction with raised fins, thick walls to add strength to the transmission case, and a machined gasket surface for a secure seal.
Volume: 3 qts. over stock
Dimensions:Click here for dimensions.
Number of Bolts: 18
This heavy duty, extra capacity Ranger and Explorer Ford transmission pan fits 2WD and 4WD vehicles with the 4R55E, 5R55E, 4R44E, 5R44E, and A4LD transmissions. These 4 and 5 speed transmissions are found in primarily in 1985 to 2001 Ford Rangers and Explorers but can also be in several models and years:
- Ford Aerostar, 1986-1997 with 2.8, 3.0, and 4.0 engines (the 1986 model was introduced in 1985)
- Ford Bronco II, 1985-1990 with 2.8 and 2.9 engines usually have front cross member interference
- Ford Explorer, 1991-1994 with 4.0 engine
- Ford Explorer 1995 – 2004 usually have exhaust interference with a larger transmission pan or have a 5R55W pan which requires a fill/level check on the pan)
- 1990-1993 Ford Mustang with 2.3 engine (may have AOD transmission and clearance issues)
- Ford Mountaineer, 1998-2001 with 4.0 engine
- Ford Ranger, 1989 – 1997 with 2.3 (4 cylinder), 2.5 (4 cylinder), 2.9, 3.0, and 4.0 engines
- Ford Ranger, 1998 and newer with 2.3 (4 cylinder) and 2.5 (4 cylinder) — 4.0 and 3.0 engines usually have exhaust interference with a larger transmission pan
- Ford Thunderbird, 1987-1988, with 2.3 engine
Some vehicles with a 4R55E, 5R55E, 4R44E, or A4LD transmission may have interference in the way of a deeper pan. Interference can be from many things, such as a cross member or the exhaust system. Please check your vehicle for clearance before ordering.
Please check your vehicle to be sure there is enough room to allow our pan to clear your exhaust system. Some customers with the 4.0 V6 have had contact with the catalytic converters or resonators that are located along side or in front of the transmission pan.
The A4LD transmission is a C3 transmission with overdrive.