#72960-06K 68RFE / 45RFE / 545RFE Sonnax Smart-Tech Overdrive Clutch Housing Kit. OEM Clutch Drum #68029262AA.
Dodge trucks pulling heavy loads or boosted to 400–600HP are at high risk for Overdrive burnup due to the stock transmission’s insufficient clutch capacity and fragile OE clutches.
Even small amounts of heat and extra torque will push the thin (.034″), single-sided clutches over the edge, distorting the clutch pack. The fact is, any distortion of the clutch pack takes the clearance out of spec and makes overdrive clutch burnup inevitable.
Keep hardworking trucks on the road with the Sonnax Smart-Tech® overdrive clutch housing kit 72960-06K. The unique billet aluminum housing holds a physically taller clutch pack and increases OD apply area by 16%. Plus, 2X thicker clutches increase clutch pack steel mass by 28% for unrivaled heat dissipation.
This groundbreaking new kit is the only top-of-the-line upgrade that eliminates clutch problems without relying on valve body/pump modifications or adding the expense of extra components.
- Modified housing holds physically larger clutch pack for 20% more clutch capacity
- 2X Thicker steels and double-sided clutches increase steel mass by 28% for unrivaled heat dissipation
- Bolt-on anchor plate eliminates clutch pack flexing and distortion that contribute to heat build-up
- 16% More OD apply area for firmer, more controlled shifts
- Combine with Sonnax line pressure booster kit #RFE-LB1 (EXTRA) for even higher levels of performance
This kit requires use of the input clutch retainer found in ’07-later units (OE part number 04799648AB). All 68RFE, 66RFE, 65RFE should have this retainer. For 45RFE and 545RFE ’99-’07 applications, the input clutch retainer must be replaced with ’07-later version. See instructions for retainer identification and verification measurements.
OE Part No: 68029262AA
- Overdrive/Reverse Housing
- Bolt-On Anchor Plate
- Anchor Plate Shims (2)
- UD/OD Reaction Plate
- Adapter Sleeve
- Lip Seal
- Friction Clutch Plates (6)
- Steel Clutch Plates (5)
- Screws (12)
- Chisel Not shown
Go here for instructions. Copy and paste in your address bar.