PML 46RE 47RE 48RE 727 Deep Black Powder Coated Pan 9393. Two Quarts Over Stock Pan.
Fits: This transmission pan fits:
- 1989 to 2007 Dodge Ram 1500, 2500, and 3500 trucks with 5.9 Cummins diesel or V10 engines
- Some Dodge trucks with V8 gas engines from the late 1960’s until 2001
- 2WD Durango with 5.9 V8
- 2WD Dakota with 5.9 V8
- Some V8 powered Ram vans
This transmission pan works with these Dodge TorqueFlite transmissions:
- 518, A518 (46RH, 46RE)
- 618, A618 (47RH, 47RE)
- 727, A727 (36RH, 37RH)
PML designed this pan to work with a variety of vehicles with these Dodge TorqueFlite transmissions. PML added capacity and fins for cooling. This pan is only one inch deeper than the stock pan to maintain clearance on most vehicles. Dimensions are provide in above link and you should always check your vehicle for clearance before ordering a larger transmission pan.
For 2007 and newer 6.7 Cummins diesel trucks, please see our Dodge 68RFE transmission pan.
Four wheel drive Durango & Dakota will likely have exhaust and frame clearance problems with a deeper pan.
Filter and Gasket Information
PML designed this pan to work with the stock filter and gasket. A filter extension is not needed with a PML pan. This pan is one inch deeper than stock and there is plenty of mixing of fluid due to vehicle movement as well as the fluid being sucked into the filter and returned from the oil cooler to prevent a stagnant layer at the bottom. The filter and oil level are at the same location with the PML pan and the stock pan.
PML Transmission Pan Features
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
- Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Drain hole and magnetic drain plug for easier, less messy maintenance
All PML transmission pans ship with new mounting bolts and a magnetic drain plug.