PLUG KIT, 45RFE / 545RFE / 68RFE, SOLENOID SWITCH
- 4th Clutch burned
- Codes 841, 868, 871, 988, 1775, 1776
- Engine stall (41 & 42 series)
- Failsafe mode
- No lockup (41 & 42 series)
- OD clutch burned
- TCC apply & release concerns (41 & 42 series)
Bore wear at solenoid switch valve plugs allows critical pressure loss and causes plugs to hang up in the bore.
Recover hydraulic control and prevent valve sticking by installing the patented Sonnax solenoid switch valve plug kit.
Solenoid Switch Valve Plug Kit
Part No. 92835-02K
- Outer Plug
- Inner Plug
Fits bores containing OE switch valve with .420″ dia. large spool only.
Solenoid switch valve plugs in listed Chrysler transmissions cause bore wear as they oscillate and stroke during operation. This wear allows pressure loss and cross-leakage, and often permits the plugs to cock and hang up in the bore. This can result in failsafe mode, various codes, bind-ups, and burnt 4th or overdrive clutches. In 41 and 42 series units, TCC concerns can result, including engine stalling due to improper lockup. Installing patented Sonnax solenoid switch valve plug kit 92835-02K restores normal operation and control to this circuit.
- Patented Sonnax plugs redesigned to prevent cocking
- Annular grooves help center plugs in bore to prevent future side-load wear