#56XXX. Chrysler Big Block 361, 383, 400, 413, 426, 440 to Dodge Small Block 518 transmission. This is the adapter everybody is looking for. 6 or 8 bolt crank. SFI Flexplate Available. The $729.00 price is for a 6 bolt crank with stock flexplate.
EACH KIT IS A PRECISION ENGINEERED PRODUCT CONSISTING OF:
- ADAPTER PLATE is CNC PRECISON MACHINED (for exact dowel alignment assuring precise crankshaft to input shaft alignment) 1/4″ 6061 T6 AIRCRAFT ALUMINUM which provides a very strong union between the engine and the transmission.
- CRANKSHAFT ADAPTER is a CNC PRECISION MACHINED steel plate which moves the flexplate rearward 1/4″ (the thickness of the adapter plate) to accomodate the use of a standard dimension torque converter and starter to ring gear alignment. This permits the use of the STOCK STARTER* so no special aftermarket starter is required.
- NEW FLEXPLATE is designed to work with the Crankshaft adapter supplied to locate and attach STOCK TORQUE CONVERTER(small block and performance) [this flexplate will not accept the 90 deg. Magnum converter]
- ALL NECESSARY HARDWARE including new offsetting hardened dowels, machine screws, bolts, nuts and washers. Special flexplate to crankshaft bolts required to install the flexplate and crankshaft adapter to the crankshaft flange are also included.
- DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS showing step by step installation with illustrations.
*NOTE: simple engine block modification required to utilize stock starter
SOME MAKES OF HEADERS MAY REQUIRE MODIFICATION TO CLEAR STARTER – PLEASE CHECK PRIOR TO CERAMIC COATING.