700R4 4L60E #77733-10K Sonnax Smart-Tech Input Housing Kit with Heavy Duty Input Shaft
Fits ’85-later 298mm units with 30-spline input shaft. For ’82-84 298mm units with 27-spline input shaft, converter and stator shaft will need to be updated to ’85-later design.
Limitations of the GM 700R4 series OE input housing are the root cause of 3-4 burnup in performance applications. The weak OE backing plate flexes during clutch apply, allowing heat to build up unevenly within the clutch pack’s limited space. Stop the flex and you stop 3-4 clutch failure. The unique Sonnax Smart-Tech housing design makes room for a taller clutch pack anchored in place by a stronger backing plate, making it the only way to increase clutch capacity and protect against destructive heat. Numerous other improvements to the housing ensure maximum durability and protection against failure in higher horsepower, higher pressure applications.
Smart-Tech input housing kit with heavy duty input shaft 77733-10K fits 298mm torque converter units. The high-strength shaft features many unique refinements available only from Sonnax, including a unique design that protects against failure from stress cracks. Both the housing and shaft also are available separately.
- Physically larger clutch pack area for increased 3-4 clutch capacity without sacrificing clutch durability. Use your choice of:
- Eight .067″ frictions with seven .095″ steels
- Nine .062″ frictions with eight .077″ steels
- Anchored backing plate keeps clutches parallel to stop the flexing and distortion that leads to heat build-up
- Treated housing is significantly more resistant to fatigue failure
- Steel reinforcement sleeve prevents breakage in the spline area
- Custom backing plate replaces OE retaining ring to eliminate risk of blowout
Requires ’91-later 3-4 apply ring; requires ’97-later ring gear; requires ’97-later stamped steel forward piston; requires ’97-later dual-cage return spring. Cannot be used with aluminum forward piston or Sonnax billet forward piston #77764-01. See instructions for further detail.
- Smart-Tech® Input Housing with 298mm Input Shaft Assembly
- PTFE Impregnated Rear Stator Support Bushing
- Input Drum Reinforcement Sleeve installed
- Overrun Piston Inner Seal
- 3-4 Clutch Apply Plate
- 3-4 Clutch Return Springs (10)
- Bolt-on Anchor Plate
- Overrun Piston Outer Seal
- Socket Head Cap Screws (15)
- Overrun Piston
Upgraded Housing Eliminates 3-4 Clutch Failure
Limitations of the OE input housing are the root cause of 3-4 burnup in performance applications. The patented Sonnax Smart-Tech housing design makes room for a taller clutch pack anchored in place by a stronger backing plate. Get the most out of your favorite clutches — the Smart-Tech housing is the only way to increase clutch capacity AND protect against destructive heat.
Key Housing Benefits
Increase 3-4 Clutch Capacity
Anchor (backing) plate works with redesigned apply plate for more room allowing thicker steels and clutch options for eight .067″ frictions with seven .095″ steels or nine .062″ frictions with eight .077″ steels for increased torque capacity.
Stop 3-4 Backing Plate Flexing & Distortion
Zero-flex, bolt-on anchor plate replaces OE backing plate to eliminate clutch pack distortion and uneven clamping pressure.
Protect Against Fatigue Failure
Treated housing is significantly more resistant to fatigue failure.
Prevent Housing Breakage
Steel input drum reinforcement sleeve prevents breakage in the shaft/spline area.
End 3-4 Retaining Ring Blow-Out
Fifteen bolts secure anchor plate, eliminating snap-ring and blow-out concerns.