Sonnax 77754-35K Forward & Reverse Abuse Valve Kit, 4L60E 4L65E 4L70E.
Fits in either of two locations. (Two needed)
In GM 4L60E, 4L65E and 4L70E units, continuous oscillation of the Forward and Reverse abuse valves creates bore wear, allowing clutch feed pressure to exhaust. This reduced clutch pressure causes slippage and burn-up. The Sonnax drop-in replacement valve is slightly oversized and has extended spool lengths to provide additional sealing contact area. The stabilization flats on the inboard end of the spool maintain OE flow, but provide continual valve support while stroking. Annular grooves have been added to prevent side loading and a new spring is provided for the modified valve length. Sonnax Forward and Reverse abuse valve kit 77754-35K fits either the Forward or Reverse abuse location and includes a replacement bore plug.
- Kit raises clutch pressure slightly to prevent slippage and burn-up, an advantage for heavy-duty, plowing or repetitive forward-reverse maneuvers
- Eliminates leakage of clutch feed pressure to the exhaust port at the spring pocket
- One valve and spring combination works for either Forward or Reverse abuse locations
- No reaming is required for the slightly oversized drop-in replacement valve
- Includes replacement abuse bore plug
- Two kits needed