45RFE G3 Clutches and Performance Steels Master Rebuild Kit with Pistons Alto Number 128901CHP 1998 to 2004. Comes with Overdrive, Underdrive, Second and Fourth G3 Power Packs.
Performance Steels start with standard Kolene and then run through our proprietary process of polishing to lower and reduce the range of the Ra value. The Performance Steel improves shiftability while maintaining the enhanced wear and fatigue resistance imparted by the Kolene process.
- Strengthened wear and fatigue characteristics
- Increased heat resistance – reduced hot spotting and warpage
- Increased lubricity for improved shiftability minimizing noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH)
- Prevents oil and friction material discoloration and contamination
Kolene is a salt bath nitriding process. In generic terms, it is a thermochemical diffusion process, whereby ferrous parts are processed in molten salt with a specific nitrogen potential. In plain English, it provides a surface treatment that enhances wear and fatigue resistance from 200% to 500% which offers higher heat resistant and increased lubricity.
- Strengthen wear characteristics
- Increase fatigue strength
- Enhance lubricity